People like to be happy. I have found my version of happy. It involves nerdy things, nerdy people, and patience. A lot of patience.
I have asked the other nerd involved in my form of happy if I may identify them in this here blog, and I got the green light, his name is Taylor.
I met him online, and we started the relationship building process as friends. Looking back at past relationships I’ve had with friends and more-than-friends people, I have to admit this was a wise and mature decision. Taylor works in a library as a part time librarian, has a college degree, has a meek and charming personality, and plays games (these are just some of his features). I thought,
“This person appears fantastic, let’s see how these characteristics hold up in person.”
They absolutely hold up!
I’m getting off topic, let’s real it back in. My apologies.
I am a nerd, if you didn’t know. If I had to be more specific, I am a book nerd. From what I’ve seen of Taylor, he’s a nerd as well. I believe Homo sapiens are a social species, so finding others who share similar qualities is beneficial. After meeting Taylor, I believe my living conditions have improved. If I merely think of him, I feel my body produces more dopamine!
I’m glad to have someone like him in my life. Life can be chaotic, so I appreciate his dependable support. It’s not a one way street though, and I provide support for him too. I’m excited for him to reach his goals and he’s just as thrilled for mine.
Today I turned 25, here’s some of the key points of the day for me. Enjoy reading!
Today is my 25th birthday. I feel that today was great. I’ll lay out some of the happenings.
- My cat Mystery woke me up with his habitual morning meows. Maybe he meowed “happy birthday” in the mix, I wouldn’t know.
- I ate my favorite type of muffin (blueberry) for breakfast.
- My dad woke up very early (because he had to use the bathroom and didn’t want to go back to sleep for 30 minutes) and says “happy birthday”
- Poppop Len texts me bright and early to say “happy birthday “
- • • • • I realized now I’m going to forget a lot of little details because I’m suddenly feeling tired and will just mention big points in the day.
- I opened a jewelry box and found a minimalistic necklace with two intwined circles. Also a very decorative card.
- I went to a zoo to meet up with a friend. He bought our tickets in advance (nice birthday gift) so we just had to wait for his wifi to load a barcode.
- We walked around the zoo and I learned his favorite animal is a capybara. It was very humid. We saw at least two groups of people on field trips.
- Once I returned home I received an email from a username I was familiar with. My friend sent me a game on PC that we talked about playing when we met up in a library. I felt visible again.
- My brother Noah gave me a flower that he 3D printed, and it was precisely the colors I asked for—metallic red petals and green stems.
- My mom asked me about a gift I hadn’t opened, so I had more surprise to see. It was a cute pair of earrings that resemble safety puns (typo but I’m leaving it in because it sounds funny, I meant pins).
- My mom made my favorite food for dinner (chicken curry) which I enjoyed thoroughly and will enjoy leftovers of for the next few days.
- The icing on the cake—pun intended—was that I got chocolate cake to finish it off. I made two wishes because there was only 20 candles so five had to be relit.
I wasn’t expecting much for my birthday, so this was more than I expected. Cthulhu had scratched a > recently on my hand (and it’s still visible), so I don’t know what I should have expected.